April 20, 2005
You might be interested to know we are organising a fantastic conference for artisan chocolatiers in the UK. Among the speakers will be:
- Chloe Doutre-Roussel, Confectionery Buyer, Fortnum & Mason who will be talking about trends in the artisan chocolate market and discuss supplier selection., consumer preferences and give an overview of seasonal trends. She will also have some advice for suppliers from a retail perspective.
- Matthew Corns, Bury Trading Standards on trading standards issues affecting chocolatiers including labelling, ‘best before’, weights & measures, etc.
- Sara Jayne Stanes, Director, Academy of Culinary Arts who will be speaking on Chocology: Discover the Delights of Chocolate.
- Helmut Eichenmueller – NETZSCH Feinmahltechnik who will talk about making your own chocolate using the new ‘ChocoEasy’ micro plant which is designed for use by chocolatiers looking to establish small scale production.
- Willie Harcourt-Cooze, Cocoa Plantation Owner, Venezuela. Willie sells to some of the best known names in chocolate and will talk about his experience as a cocoa farmer from an agricultural, cultural & social, perspective. He will also discuss various commercial issues such as how the markets work etc
- Cherie Earle, Sugar and Spice, Canada. Cherie has Sugar and Spice into one of Canada’s most impressive independent chocolate makers & retailers. Cherie is going to reveal some of the secrets of her success and will discuss the marketing & production of gift baskets. She will also be demonstrating her gift basket making techniques.
The conference is taking place in Manchester on Monday 26th September 2005 and the cost is £150 plus VAT (£176.25) including lunch with wine.
To book a place, email: firstname.lastname@example.org