3 Jan 2014: The Forum is currently in read-only made while we update to a new version of the Seventy% website and forum.

The forum will be back with a faster, simplified and up to date website in the next two months.

Please consider registering

Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
Topic RSS
LONDON CHOCOLATE WEEK 2004
May 21, 2004
10:12 am
elektra
United Kingdom
Forum Posts: 42

At last, the 2004 website is up, and the dates are fixed for 4th-10th October. You can subscribe to a newsletter, which will keep you updated. It will be my first, so I’m really looking forward to it.

Elektra

May 21, 2004
10:33 am
alex_h
Forum Posts: 1170

elektra,

do you have the url?

May 21, 2004
12:25 pm
elektra
United Kingdom
Forum Posts: 42

Alex,

chocolateweek.co.uk.

Are you thinking of coming over?

Elektra

May 21, 2004
2:05 pm
alex_h

umm, well, i have never been to london and it would be a fab opportunity. might actually come over, yeah!

martin, will there be another 70% tour this year?

a

May 21, 2004
9:16 pm
Martin Christy
London, United Kingdom
Forum Posts: 614

Yes there will be a 70% tour, in addition to the official ones. You are all of course welcome and we’ll post details as soon as we have more details of what’s on.

We’ll also be more heavily involved this year and will be running tastings and events ourselves at various venues to be confirmed.

Martin Christy
Editor
http://www.seventypercent.com

Martin Christy Editor www.seventypercent.com
May 22, 2004
1:25 am
alex_h

wow! sounds good. do you make recommendations for hotels for this time? or is that asking much?

May 22, 2004
4:33 am
Hans-Peter Rot
USA
Forum Posts: 1462

Too bad I live in America. I wish I could attend these events and visit all these places you guys speak of. There are lots of fine shops and events here too, but they’re simply too far away. With easier access to brands such as Bonnat, Marcolini, etc. I get so jealous of you guys haha. Well, there’s only mail order for me, but that’s risky sometimes. I wonder if chocolate tastes better in Europe too hehe. [:p]

May 24, 2004
2:03 am
Lone Ly
Oslo, Norway
Forum Posts: 397

I can’t wait to hear more about it! Is it possible for members of this forum to get press accreditation (access) as free lancers – or maybe a participant is a participant? It’s after all a great opportunity to report from the event and possibly get chocolate more widely known. Several magazines in our home countries should be interested in buying a story/pictures.

"Man cannot live by chocolate alone - but woman can." (Unknown)
July 9, 2004
10:29 pm
Masur
Stockholm, Sweden
Forum Posts: 592

I visited London chocolate Week last year and would like do it again in October. Regrettably there is a chocolate event in Stockholm 9th-10th October.

Masur

"Porcelana: The Holy Grail of Pure Criollos" (Maricel E. Presilla)