3 Jan 2014: The Forum is currently in read-only made while we update to a new version of the Seventy% website and forum.

The forum will be back with a faster, simplified and up to date website in the next two months.

Please consider registering

Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
Topic RSS
Domori 100%
July 9, 2006
11:38 pm
jh901
Carnegie, USA
Forum Posts: 7

Hi

I recently tried Domori 100%, just to see what pure choco tastes like. A half piece later and that little experiment is now over!

Can anyone recommend a use for the remaining very expensive choco? Maybe a very simply recipe.

Thanks.

July 10, 2006
2:22 am
Eshra
Southgate, USA
Forum Posts: 178

I understand. Pure cocoa is indeed an um….aquired taste. Chocolate really isn’t intended to be consumed this way.

My suggestion? Use it for hot cocoa. Use a double boiler to melt the bar or a microwave if you’re feeling lazy. Slowly whip the chocolate with warm milk over a stove(never boiling), add some SUGAR..lol, and voila! That bar would make NICE hot chocolate.

July 10, 2006
12:36 pm
ellie
london, United Kingdom
Forum Posts: 308

You could retemper it, mixing with some other sweet chocolate, to get a good blend. It’s quite addictive process in itself.
Or you can cook with it, adding a bit more sugar then normal recipe calls for – you’d see the the luxury then. If you doing hot chocolate drink, dissolve sugar in milk before stirring it with chocolate.