3 Jan 2014: The Forum is currently in read-only made while we update to a new version of the Seventy% website and forum.

The forum will be back with a faster, simplified and up to date website in the next two months.

Please consider registering

Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
Topic RSS
Valrhona vintage 2003s
February 2, 2004
5:20 pm
morton peto
Forum Posts: 29

Why not review these bars on the website? They are quite widely available.

Apologies if there are already plans to do this.

February 7, 2004
2:16 am
Seventy%
London, United Kingdom
Admin
Forum Posts: 55

We should be getting samples any day now, with reviews to follow just as soon as we can.

Site Admin
http://www.seventypercent.com

Site Admin www.seventypercent.com
May 16, 2004
7:17 am
blakej
San Francisco, USA
Forum Posts: 37

My local chocolate retailers finally started stocking the 2003 vintage bars a few weeks ago. I had a little bit of a 2002 Valrhona Chuao bar that I’d saved for the occasion, so I could do a comparison.

The result: A huge difference! While the 2002 is slightly fruity and smooth as Valrhona always is, the 2003 has a lot more of the bright red fruit and blueberry flavor that Amedei’s Chuao has. I could never understand what the big deal about the Chuao plantation was when I’d only tried the 2002, but the 2003 is a lot more convincing. (Amedei’s makes the big deal very clear IMHO, but that’s a separate topic.)

Has anyone else noticed this? Is my 2002 bar just past its prime? Its best-by date is January 2004, so.

May 16, 2004
11:12 pm
Martin Christy
London, United Kingdom
Forum Posts: 614

That’s great to hear – I’ve been dissapointed by the Valrhona Chuaos up until now, apart from the very first year. I have a bar here for review … must try it soon, but so many to catch up on!

Martin Christy
Editor
http://www.seventypercent.com

Martin Christy Editor www.seventypercent.com