5 day advanced course, taken over 5 day sessions or 15 evenings.
Level 3 Certificate in Chocolate Tasting
Level 3 provides a full and comprehensive understanding of cacao, advanced chocolate tasting, production, history and includes practical work and optional visits to productions facilities (additional travel/accommodation charges will apply).
The course provides an advanced understanding of sensory tasting, chocolate production, couverture and cacao varieties and production. Practical work includes working with chocolate through ganache making and tempering for a deeper understanding of taste. Marketing and branding and chocolate history are covered in greater depth, along with cacao production and the cocoa trade. The tasting extends to filled bonbons and the covers the basics of filled styles such as ganaches, pralines, gianduja. Mass market products are also looked at, with a chance to apply advanced tasting techniques to more commercial products.
The Level 3 advanced course requires five days in total, taken as one day workshops or fifteen evenings. Graduates will hold an advanced level understanding of the fine chocolate world and will achieve an unrivaled level expertise, for personal or professional use.
Passing the advanced course requires sitting a theory exam with multiple choice and written sections plus a blind tasting and profiling of three chocolate bars. Certificates will be issued upon achieving a pass mark.
Entry requirements: Pass in Level 2 Certificate of Chocolate Tasting
The Level 3 course includes:
- Advanced sensorial – recipes, ingredients, particle size, time
- Chocolate production – machines, temperature, conching
- Advanced tasting, blind practice, couverture
- Practical work – ganaches, tempering
- Advanced tasting of single origins from bean to bar
- Cacao origins, DNA, lastest research
- Chocolate culture and history
- Cacao production survey, good and bad, hybrids and mixing
- Filled chocolate production and tasting
- Market segmentation, brand development and packaging
- Health and physiology
- Mass market tasting
- Cocoa trading – hedge market and farmers
- 40 products tasted with repeat tasting in different formats and practical work
- Optional visits to production facilities
- Take away study guide
- Certificate for exam passes
Be the first to know when this course begins: join our mailing list
[button link=”#”]LAUNCHING 2016[/button][/column_item][/columns]